Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world’s largest companies. Akamai’s intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone – and attacks and threats far away. Akamai’s portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatched customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring.
(Experienced) Software Development Engineer in Test II @ Bangalore (Karnataka)
Note: This is NOT a direct Walk-In. You need to apply only at given URL and only shortlisted candidates may be called by the company for test/interview.
About the Job
# This position will offer the opportunity to be part of the highly motivated team that works on software running on one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for creating highly innovative security products for the Internet scale, making our products more reliable, secure and faster.
# The team works on a product for detecting API abuse for web and mobile APIs
# The role involves creating validation framework for end to end testing of the system, coming up with innovative ways to test the web and mobile threat detection APIs. Role also involves working on a test data generation, improving and maintaining current set of tests.
# The ideal candidate must have a background in web API testing, building test frameworks for complex systems and maintaining test systems.
# The candidate will need to partner and work closely with dev team.
About the Team :
# Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers and delivers somewhere between 15% to 30% of Internet traffic on any given day. Our team is part of the Security organization which is responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to protect their web sites and secure the transactions over the web. Our Bot Manager product is designed to provide superior cloud computing security, prevent data theft and downtime and mitigate large account takeover attempts. In addition, this group is building unique technology that can secure the cloud and make it a safe place to do billions of transactions daily and handles petabytes of data every day. Akamai has built a massive global distributed network that can solve problems at a scale that few others can approach. By leveraging our deployment of servers around the world, we can uniquely solve technology problems with innovative solutions that exceed the fundamental limitations of networking.
– Oversee scope of changes for releases and owning the responsibility of release testing
– Perform automated functional test, performance test and end-to-end product test
– Contribute to system test methodologies and effective test automation building for product apis.
– Create, deploy and maintain automated functional tests
– Create a framework to generate test data which replicates real-world scenarios
– Work closely with the dev team to come up with regression tests that cover changes to our software.
– Work with different teams to troubleshoot and reproduce complex problems for our customers.
– Self-motivated, willing excel in their role, leading by example and keeping enthusiasm high under stressful situations
– Closely work with cross-functional development teams to identify potential emergent behaviors between applications.
Basic Qualifications :
– Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
– Minimum of 4+ years of overall SW testing experience.
– 3+ years of experience with web API testing.
– 3+ years of scripting experience with using Java/groovy for building test frameworks.
– Understanding of Azure and/or AWS would be a plus.
– Expirence with the TestNG framework would be a plus.
– Expirence with scripting languages such as Python or Perl is desirable.
– Knowledge of Docker, Docker Compose or Docker kubernetes is desired.
– Experience in software release testing on tight schedules with high quality.
– Experience in developing automated testing infrastructures.
– Design with best possible architectures and clean code
– Jenkins, Jenkins pipeline knowledge is required.
– Jenkins DSL development knowledge is highly desirable
– Drive for product quality and attention to detail
– The ability to manage and prioritize own workload effectively
Desired Qualifications :
– Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
– Passion to understand, learn, and dissect new technologies quickly on your own.
– Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
– Experience with the complete software development life cycle
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– Pluses: Security domain knowledge
– Pluses: Data Science, Machine Learning, Math and Statistics.
– Pluses: Advanced test techniques such as combortorial testing.
How to Apply for this Job ?
Note: Apply before the link is expired/removed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Copyright 2018 – Newsinnet Jobs Forum